• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Elimination diet

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have done it to figure out what I can eat with my IBS.

There are a few ways but just eliminate one thing at a time for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

If you think it's gluten do that then.

Spinney Lainey

I have done it to figure out what I can eat with my IBS.

There are a few ways but just eliminate one thing at a time for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

If you think it's gluten do that then.

Ah, ok. I was thinking it was the opposite way round and you had to cut pretty much everything out and then bring things back in....

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
You can do that. But what would you eat while figuring it out?

Either way you get the same results. And btw, this is just how I did it with my ibs. I did it on my own. Just common sense.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Then stop eating everything and add something one at a time. As I said, I did it my own way for my own reasons. Not for food sensitivities issues. Google it and see what you find.

maddietod

I don't think it works to eliminate one thing. It's very uncommon to have only one food sensitivity, if you have them. Elimination diets are the gold standard, but how do you do one?

This is a hard question. I went on a paleo diet, and after a few weeks also went off eggs, and I got tremendous relief. But what if I was one of the people allergic to, eg, beef? You have to make up your own way to do it, according to your best guesses + what you can tolerate doing.

Another approach would be to do some allergy testing, and then remove all of the 'bad' foods and see what happens. Just yesterday a friend recommended Bio Tek's testing as being fully accurate for her. But that has to be done through a doctor, and I have no idea about cost.