• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Elevated TSH even lower than 4

zzz0r

Is there anything that a man can do when having a TSH around 2.5 or below 4 that is suggesting an early thyroid disease while you even having the symptoms but the doctor is not treating you.

Is there anything else you can look at yourself?

-Vitamin D
-Selenium
-Progesterone/estrogen balance
-Iodine

Is there anything else that I do not know of?
Anyone having an experience with TSH below the lab upper limit that had hypothyroid symptoms and manage to treat it? , please chime in

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Don't you want your TSH to be below 4? ( reference range: .358 - 3.74) Though TSH is only an indication of thyroid function, docs are usually happy if it is around 1.5 -2.5.

Have you also checked Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3 to get a fuller picture?

Sushi

Ema

Is there anything that a man can do when having a TSH around 2.5 or below 4 that is suggesting an early thyroid disease while you even having the symptoms but the doctor is not treating you.

Is there anything else you can look at yourself?

-Vitamin D
-Selenium
-Progesterone/estrogen balance
-Iodine

Is there anything else that I do not know of?
Anyone having an experience with TSH below the lab upper limit that had hypothyroid symptoms and manage to treat it? , please chime in
Most functional medicine practitioners will treat based on labs plus symptoms; most traditional endocrinologists will not. You can ask when you call if the doctor will treat subclinical hypothyroidism.

I agree with Sushi to also test the free thyroid hormones and RT3 which can help you understand where your thyroid problems are coming from. Some 80% of conversion happens peripherally and the liver is crucial. Sometimes a liver supplement can help the thyroid as well.

Low cortisol is also a big cause of subclinical hypothyroidism so you might want to look at your adrenal status with a 4xday saliva cortisol test.