• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Elevated IL-12 + IL-17?

Hey, just got latest blood work back and one observation is that IL-12 and IL-17 are both significantly elevated, I know both of these cytokines are associated with autoimmunity but not much more than that. Since it is not something I have seen discussed much before I wondered if anyone could give any general insights onto what the clinical significance of this (if any) might be.

Background: ME for 6 years + questionable (in my view) Lyme diagnosis

msf

Both seem to be consistent with Lyme (or Lyme Arthritis in mice anyway, which is the normal animal model for Lyme Disease), but then I´m sure they are consistent with many other conditions too - I don´t think any of these cytokines are biomarkers yet, not even for the type of illness.

Last edited: