• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Electric Hypersensitivity Caused By Bacteria?

Sidereal

"With MSH, this is a master hormone—it regulates other hormones, especially antidiuretic hormone—you'll see people that are thirsty. They urinate more frequently. And they get static shocks, interestingly. It's wild. Folks will turn on light switches with their elbows, because they get zapped all the time... When you fix antidiuretic hormone/osmolality relationships, as our fourth step, you'll have a lot of very happy people," Dr. Shoemaker says.

Sounds just like me.

By the way, on the subject of getting zapped, my father who has paroxysmal attacks of atrial fibrillation, noticed that a few days before an afib he would get zapped a lot when touching his car door. He said this happens almost every time and he can basically tell when one is coming. Of course the cardiologist doesn't believe him.

Gondwanaland

people that are thirsty. They urinate more frequently. And they get static shocks, interestingly. It's wild. Folks will turn on light switches with their elbows, because they get zapped all the time... When you fix antidiuretic hormone/osmolality relationships

Sounds just like me.

By the way, on the subject of getting zapped, my father who has paroxysmal attacks of atrial fibrillation, noticed that a few days before an afib he would get zapped a lot when touching his car door. He said this happens almost every time and he can basically tell when one is coming. Of course the cardiologist doesn't believe him.

I fixed all that with magnesium supplementation. It fixed a lot of hormones and neurotransmitters for me. I used to close the car door with my foot on dry, cool days. Let's see how I am this year with the cool days now approaching (just not sure if they will be dry this year).

I think it is dr Carolyn Dean who talks extensively about Mg for heart issues, and probably Mercola as well.

Edit-- could this be a high uric acid thing?

Sidereal

I fixed all that with magnesium supplementation.

Yes, but why is there a problem with water and mineral balance in the first place? Because of upstream problems with inflammation in the hypothalamus so your antidiuretic hormone is busted. Normal people don't have to supplement magnesium all day long.

My chloride is high, just as Shoemaker finds in his "mold patients".

brenda

My chloride is high too but I did not know it was found in mould patients so thanks for that.

Hip

You might ask your father to check whether his walking gait changes to a more shuffling gait just before these attacks of atrial fibrillation, because as mentioned earlier, the frictional rubbing against the floor that occurs in a shuffling gait can generate a high voltage static electricity build-up in the body. So this is a far more likely explanation of the why someone is getting static shocks.

The idea that mineral levels, dietary changes, hormones, etc could directly cause static build-up in the body can easily be discounted: a body cannot on its own develop into an electrically charged state, because in an isolated object like the body, you cannot create electrical charge, nor destroy charge (law of conservation of charge).

Charge can only be transferred from another object, such as the ground, via friction between the your shoes and the floor. So for your body to become electrically charged, there has to be another object involved, like the floor, which transfers charge into your body by a friction mechanism (triboelectricity).

However, if these mineral levels, dietary changes, hormones, etc improve your nervous system and thereby your walking gait so that you are no longer shuffling so much as you walk, that would tend to eliminate the static build-up.

ChrisD

I am currently experiencing epididymitis every time I use a computer (even aaway from my lap but within a 1-2m range) that lasts for about a day and effects sexual, hormonal and urinary function. ( https://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/epididymitis.62534/#post-1018465 )

It has been suggested to me that it could be caused by one of the coinfecions that I carry such as Mycoplasma and that if the area is already infected and inflamed then the EMFs will worsen it.

I have had electrical sensitivity in the earlier stages of my illness that caused a fibro pain response to electrical items and WiFi but have not had that now for some time until this bout which is specific to the genital region.

I'm looking for a fix to increase my resilience to EMFs and/or clear infection if anyone has any ideas?