• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder review

caledonia

Since the Adrenal Rebuilder claims that it processes the glands to strip them of their hormones to counteract a stimulating effect, what nutrients are left? On Dr. Wilson's Q&A page, it only claims that one would benefit from the 'nutrients' of the supplement. What nutrients specifically? The price of the product and its vague claims are a little puzzling. Are these 'nutrients' unique to the concentrated glands in the ingredients? Sorry for all these Qs, I've contacted them but haven't received a reply yet and the reviews for the product are limited.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume that the glands would contain the nutrients needed to make the gland operate. I don't know what those are offhand. If you get a response from the manufacturer, can you make a post?

caledonia

Hi @caledonia May I ask how in the world you accurately divide the pill into 1/16ths?

Afraid next question is even more naïve, you think each 1/16 division is equally distributed with all the glandulars contained in the whole pill?

Thanks.

I don't know if it's exactly accurate, but it seems to be close enough.

I take a big sharp knife (like a 10" chef's knife), put the pill on a cutting board and cut it in half. I put the tip of the knife on the board and just swing it down like a pump handle. Then I cut the two pieces in half again so you get quarters, half again for eighths, and so on.

It's easy to eyeball what half is.

I would think everything is equally distributed. It seems to be a uniform color and texture.

drob31

In my opinion, I don't think the adrenal glands are lacking nutrients, but rather, raw adrenal glands, no matter what they contain, contains *some* hormones, and that's what makes the difference. An endo once sold me some dessicated adrenal gland, which said 'processed to remove hormones.' He told me they 'say that' but some hormones are still in there, whether on purpose to be more effective or because they can't remove 100%.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume that the glands would contain the nutrients needed to make the gland operate. I don't know what those are offhand. If you get a response from the manufacturer, can you make a post?

The customer service team replied with copy and pasted information from ingredients section of the page and weren't very helpful. I applied pregnenolone topically for the first time today. Oral pregnenolone messed with my digestion, induced acne, made me insomniac and made me feel groggy. The effects of the cream don't feel any different so far, pronounced brain fog, headaches etc. I suspect that my adrenal fatigue is far more advanced and complex than I initially thought. Hormonal supplements aren't even stimulating , they just just aggravate my symptoms. I'm considering purchasing the Adrenal Rebuilder but I'm reluctant to invest so much money in a supplement that may not help or seriously compromise my recovery.

Any update on your symptoms/recovery? I hope you're doing well!

*When you say that the supplements had a more overstimulating effect, what type of symptoms did you experience? Was it like a wired/hyper feeling?

Last edited:
I actually just found Dr. Wilson's blog, he writes articles and sometimes his 'team' respond to comments (though most of these seem fake and written by his staff to conveniently promote a product or service). Either way, most of the articles have some pretty good info and resources.

http://blog.adrenalfatigue.org/author/adrenalfatigue/

His 'team' responded to my Adrenal Rebuilder question:

"Adrenal Rebuilder contains concentrated glandular extracts, processed to have their hormones removed, that provide bioavailable building blocks to strengthen structure and vitalize function at a fundamental level in the adrenals, hypothalamus, pituitary and gonads – the main endocrine glands involved in the stress response. The short-chain proteins in the glandular extracts are easily absorbed and help nourish the adrenal glands and other stress response glands.

Through his experience and research, Dr. Wilson found that adrenal cortex from high quality porcine (hog) sources that has been processed to remove the hormones produces the best results.* In addition to a generous amount of adrenal gland concentrate, Adrenal Rebuilder contains high quality, hormone-free hypothalamus, pituitary and gonad concentrates in the proportions that provide the greatest support for those experiencing stress and adrenal fatigue"

Last edited:

caledonia

The customer service team replied with copy and pasted information from ingredients section of the page and weren't very helpful. I applied pregnenolone topically for the first time today. Oral pregnenolone messed with my digestion, induced acne, made me insomniac and made me feel groggy. The effects of the cream don't feel any different so far, pronounced brain fog, headaches etc. I suspect that my adrenal fatigue is far more advanced and complex than I initially thought. Hormonal supplements aren't even stimulating , they just just aggravate my symptoms. I'm considering purchasing the Adrenal Rebuilder but I'm reluctant to invest so much money in a supplement that may not help or seriously compromise my recovery.

Any update on your symptoms/recovery? I hope you're doing well!

*When you say that the supplements had a more overstimulating effect, what type of symptoms did you experience? Was it like a wired/hyper feeling?

This is getting interesting - I've had to reduce my dose again to 1/16 due to it being overstimulating ( as you say, a hyper, wired type of feeling.) Very mild at this time as I'm not taking much, but still there.

However I would expect to see my sleep moving earlier which I haven't really seen yet.

caledonia

Getting even more interesting.

The 1/16 became too overstimulating, so I've discontinued. Around the same time, my fish oil has reduced from 7/8tsp to 3/4tsp. My magnesium has reduced by 1/2tsp per day. My sleep is kind of weird. Sometimes I'll sleep earlier and sometimes I'll go back to my "normal" late pattern.

I suppose I ought to retest my adrenals at this time before I get into chelation.

I'm starting to work in support supplements for Cutler mercury chelation, and when I get those set, then I'll try a round of very low dose DMSA. Chelating does impact the adrenals, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go back on the Adrenal Rebuilder.

gettinbetter

I used Wilson's adrenal rebuilder years ago 1/2 tab and it helped me sleep
This time when I take 1/5 of a tab when I wake it seems to be stimulating when I try to sleep like the OP mentioned. So I am trying 1/16 of a tab.

gettinbetter

Hi @caledonia May I ask how in the world you accurately divide the pill into 1/16ths?

Afraid next question is even more naïve, you think each 1/16 division is equally distributed with al l the glandulars contained in the whole pill?

Thanks.
I think that is a good point. I put one tab dissolved in water with a little bit of ACV (apple cider vinegar) and give myself drops. That way I know there is a good mix of glands. I can't take a whole pill. Like the OP I am trying about a 1/16 once a day.