• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Bell lecture Dec 6 OC California

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I copied this from HR

Free lecture by David S. Bell, MD
When: December 6, 2015 at 2:30 p.m.
Where: Tustin Library, 345 E. Main St. California.

Dr. Bell will describe the three sub-entities of ME/CFS (mitochondrial dysfunction, reduced blood flow through the brain, and abnormal immunology) and how they may be tied together by autoimmunity.

As Dr. Bell will have recently returned from speaking with Drs. Fluge and Mella in Norway, he will also comment on their progress.

Dr. Bell’s PowerPoint presentation will briefly cover the recent Institute of Medicine work and the criteria for diagnosis and present an overview and the possible change of name to Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease (SEID).

Sponsored by Swedish Women for ME and CFS ME of Orange County California.

For updated information go to FaceBook and then CFS ME of Orange County California, or, email, mecfsoforangecountyca@yahoo.com

Gingergrrl

Wow, thanks for posting this. It is about an hour to 1.5 hrs south of me (depending on traffic) but sounds very interesting if I am well enough to go. Is anyone else going?