• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does creatine monohydrate increase general energy levels?

Kenny Banya

I don't get PEM. I am just severely tired all the time.
So wondering if creatine monohydrate increases general energy levels.

I used to get a 5 to 10% strength increase when powerlifting, after being on creatine monohydrate for about 2 to 3 weeks. I'd be on creatine for a 3 month cycle.

Vojta

I've just started creatine monohydrate recently. I'm getting slightly more energy and improvement in muscle weaknes and loss. I also gained 1.5kg which was impossible for 7 years. I'm sure I have some big metabolic problem because I got additional mitochondrial dysfunction from antibiotics.

Kenny Banya

I've just started creatine monohydrate recently. I'm getting slightly more energy and improvement in muscle weaknes and loss. I also gained 1.5kg which was impossible for 7 years. I'm sure I have some big metabolic problem because I got additional mitochondrial dysfunction from antibiotics.
The weight gain will almost certainly be water retention which is very common with creatine intake