• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you mix your own B-Complex? Questions...

BadBadBear

Do you mix your own B-Complex? I bought capsules for the formula I wanted (similar to Pure Encapsulations), opened them up and mixed up enough for a month supply. Now I can either put the powder back into the empty capsules, or just add a bit of it to my potassium smoothies.

Would it be possible to mix it with water to make a suspension and just use droppers full of it for dosing? It seems like that might be easiest.

Or if you make your own mix, how do you take it? Dry, or as a liquid, or ??? I am taking B2, mB12, and mFolate individually. Do you add choline & insolitol to your mix?

Thanks!!
Michelle

BadBadBear

Small update for my own post: a 'dash' measuring spoon is about the amount to fill one capsule, so I need to take about 2 of those small spoonfuls a day to use it up in a month.

And I mixed it into my custom e-lyte drink, and it tasted fine! So yay!!!

E-lyte mix is: Be Calm magnesium (as much as I can tolerate), 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt, pinch of sodium bicarb (since I've been in acidosis), TBSP of grape juice concentrate, tsp or so of lemon juice, and a few drops of stevia. It is fizzy and tastes good. :) It also should be fairly alkalyzing. I am planning to switch the grape for orange concentrate to lower the carbs a titch and make it even more alkalyzing.

Valentijn

Small update for my own post: a 'dash' measuring spoon is about the amount to fill one capsule, so I need to take about 2 of those small spoonfuls a day to use it up in a month.
I love those measuring spoons. I split my Strattera from 60mg doses into 10mg doses - and it's about 10mg per "smidgen" spoon :lol: