• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dark Chocolate and CFS Study

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
When are you guys ever gonna learn to read the fine print and check for a conflict of interest ?

Competing interests
None for TS, ASR, DDM and SLA

SB worked as Head of Research for Nestlé, PLC, York :wide-eyed:

Authors' contributions
TS, SB, ASR, DDM and SLA contributed to the design, conduct, analysis, drafting and revision of the manuscript. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.

Acknowledgements
Nestlé PLC York, UK provided the chocolate for the study and performed the analysis as an unrestricted contribution.:wide-eyed::wide-eyed:

;)

I did refer to shortcomings in one of my posts. But conflicts of interest don't automatically negate findings. Those with financial interests in a product have been found to find more favourable results than impartial researchers, but there may still be some truth in the claims of benefit, for example things that have been discussed in this thread.

Maybe if Nestlé are so sure of the benefits of high-cocoa chocolate they should put more cocoa in their commercially-available stuff instead of selling over-milked, under-cocoaed rubbish!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
And then when it comes to justification for eating dark chocolate, some of is just do not care to look too closely. :D

alex3619

And then when it comes to justification for eating dark chocolate, some of is just do not care to look too closely. :D

Who needs to examine it? Unless you can't tolerate an ingredient, eat and enjoy! Its so enjoyable you will tolerate pain better, and so nice it takes your mind off things, so its an antidepressant! There, how was that for self serving justification of a chocolate habit?