• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Custom diet based on mutations

Thinktank

Is there any report generating program or book available that creates or advises a custom diet based on your genetic mutations?

I've been trying to figure out if some of my non-immune food intolerances have to do something with genetic mutations. For example, I've never really been able to handle caffeine or only very small amounts, the reason is that i'm likely a slow metabolizer according to SNP rs762551.

xchocoholic

fwiw, I'm not sure if genes are the way to go. All of the celiacs I know have been ok with eating gluten for long periods of time in their lives. The current research is pointing to various bugs triggering gluten intolerance. So knowing we have the celiac genes may be an important clue but not until they're triggered.

btw. I also know biopsy proven celiacs with the celiac genes who eat gluten on occasion without having symptoms.

tc ... x