Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cryptovirus treatment? Link to MMR?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by RustyJ, May 4, 2012.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Mackay, Aust
    Some time ago I started a thread on cryptovirus, a rubulavirus, which a researcher identified in the spinal fluid of 90+% of patients with cfs and MS referred to him in Brisbane, and later in the US. A link to that thread is here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...ME-CFS-patients-(old-research-news-from-2006). I was one of a number of severely ill cfs patients referred to Robbins in Brisbane. Given the high rate for cryptovirus, it is puzzling that this research was abandoned.

Of interest there is a high number of patients from Brisbane, in my age group, with similar symptoms, so it may be that this virus is a trigger.

I need some assistance with this and would appreciate the help:
    • Given that cryptovirus, a neuropathogen, a rubulavirus in the paramyxovirus family which also contains Parainfluenza Virus 5, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a viable treatment.
    • I wonder if there is a vaccination link here with MMR?

http://www.ncf-net.org/library/PressRelease0606.htm

2. RustyJ

Mackay, Aust
    I did find this curious information which involves Homeland Security and PIV5, which cryptovirus is very similar to.

3. RustyJ

Mackay, Aust
    There is some suggestion anti-viral drug amantadine could be used: http://groups.molbiosci.northwestern.edu/lamb/research.html Does anyone have any experience with this drug? I don't have the focus to understand the focus of the mechanisms described in the above paper, but does any of it tie in with current me/cfs research or findings?

4. RustyJ

Mackay, Aust
    For the full story on Parainfluenza Virus-5 and National CFIDS Foundation's investigation. Almost as intriguing as XMRV and de Freitas. I wonder if Lipkin study will pick this up?

5. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I tried Amantadine in the late 80's under a NHS doctor in the UK. Gave me a speedy, buzzy hyped feeling and terrible insomnia. We played around with dosage but I wasn't able to find one that I could tolerate.

6. RustyJ

Mackay, Aust
    After reading a few negative stories about Amantadine and cfs, I decided it was not the way to go. I am now looking at simvastatin (a statin), together with CoQ10 and Pregnenolone to counter side-effects.

See more popular forum discussions.