• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Copper and cuprum

zzz0r

Hello everyone!

I having been using lately the homeopathic cuprum metallicum (it is copper) at LM6 potency in order to balance copper in my body and increase bioavaulability, For anyone that has been following Morley's work on magnesium advocacy group would know what I am talking about.

Anyone else using cuprum metallicum and having increased hair loss even though it is effective at balancing copper through out the body?

Archie

Not yet used homeopathic cuprum, but i seen some Morley talks , he have quite a lot knowledge about copper dysregulation , and if i did understand Morley right on that subject , free= unbound copper causes problems , and is then maybe seen as toxic copper. well to get copper bound we need ceruloplasmin ,and body need copper and animal vitamin A to make it. So in case of copper deficiencity, there might not be enough ceruloplasmin, so part of the copper from food is then going to unbound mode, which causes trouble . That`s why many say people can have both, copper deficiency and copper toxicity same time. I think homeopathic copper should help . I personnally dont believe that in case of so called copper toxicity we should stop taking copper, less copper mean less ceruloplasmin .

YippeeKi YOW !!

Anyone else using cuprum metallicum and having increased hair loss even though it is effective at balancing copper through out the body?
@zzz0r
Copper is notorious for the side effect of thinning hair, so I would imagine that cuprum metalicum could have, or by aggravating existing copper, could produce, the same effect.

Copper should be balanced with zinc in a 1:10 ratio, i.e. 1 mg copper to 10 mgs zinc. You might either apply to your homeopath or Dr Google and see if there's a similar zinc homeopathic of the same strength that would allow a form of that ratio, so you could continue with the copper without going bald.

You might also consider boosting your Vit A acetate (the natural form) to assist in the roduction of ceruloplasmin, per @Archie 's comment.

YippeeKi YOW !!

@YippeeKi YOW !! I have searched a lot but have not found thinning hair as a side effect caused by copper but thanks for the input
It's not so much the copper itself, but the dominance of the copper over the zinc, which shoves the zinc out of the equation, and causes a severe deficiency. Lack of zinc is directly connected to thinning hair

Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

I always get nervous when I hear about people taking heavy metal supplementation. A lot of these can't be excreted by the body easily so best be careful you're not taking too much! The level of copper in the blood can be deceptive as it is low both in cases of deficiency and overload, and I believe it's the same with iron.
As long as your doctor has signed off on it! Scary how unregulated the supplement industry is really, there should at least be warnings on them or reasonable upper limits set.