• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complimentary Therapies on the NHS

Learner1

Could you provide some examples so that we can verify if this is true ?
I do my own research, independently, as you should, too.

First, I have benefited under the care of a naturopathic doctor, who uses conventional lab work and prescribes pharmaceutical drugs, using a very science based approach. Your favorite website does not portray naturopathic treatment this way.

Naturopathic doctors have cured a family member of a very serious mental illness, were involved with my successfully beating stage 3 cancer, and in helping me make good progress with my chronic fatigue when every MD I saw in a major US city couldn't help.

After thorough research, I have had high dose vitamin C, artesunate, glutathione, and curcumin IVs, all of which have a lot of scientific evidence behind them, and have been bashed as unscientific on your SBM website. I've also benefited from oxygen therapies, which have been extensively studied and used in Russia, Germany, and Cuba.

There is a lot of politics in healthcare, a lot of forces with their own agendas and financial interests. As a patient, I am trying to get well, and it is counterproductive to steer people away from treatments and knowledge that may benefit them.

My experience with the Science Based Medicine website, is that it represents limited, jaded views by some arrogant people with their own agendas, as when I tried to verify what they were saying, much of the time I found it simply wasn't truthful. As with any website, it is prudent to seek out a variety of sources before coming up with your own understanding of a topic and basing any healthcare decisions upon it.

Had I listened to them, I doubt I'd be alive today. I am very thankful for the scientific and effective treatment I've received.