August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Colostrum Maf

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by daniariete2000, Dec 10, 2017.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Mary likes this.
  2. ErdemX

ErdemX Senior Member

Istanbul
    I have tried both injectable GcMaf (4 months) and then Oral Colostrum Maf (4-5 months) with no response.

Olena likes this.
  3. daniariete2000

No other opinions about Colostrum Maf ?

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I tried MAF314 and Dr Enlanders version. Not sure if these are the same as the colostrum MAF in that paper.

Had a good response to MAF314 but it did wear off when I stopped taking it. No where near a cure but better physical functioning. I'd like to try Bravo if I can ever afford it. Problem was the cost for me in these products

5. daniariete2000

Colostrum Maf is totally different. It has a lot of GcMaf inside....
    Read the 2 links in my previuous message

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

@daniariete2000, the link you provided says:
    So at least for these two patients, the response to colostrum MAF is very rapid — benefits appear within days.

Normally GcMAF is not advised for ME/CFS patients with high inflammation; but it seems that colostrum MAF is actually anti-inflammatory, which may be an advantage over regular GcMAF for such patients.

7. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Here it says that:
    So you could open a 200 ng capsule, and divide the powder inside into say 4 quarters each having 50 ng, and take that powder sublingually.

8. daniariete2000

Thanks Hip ,

But how can i conserve the powder that i extract from capsules in your opinion ?

And you think i could trust in the following brand much cheaper ?

http://www.gcmafproducts.com/about.html

9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Do you mean how can you store it? If you pull open the top of a capsule, you can pour out say ¼ of a capsule to use sublingually, and then you can slide the top of the capsule back into place, so that you close the capsule again.

But you would need to use the powder sublingually, as stomach acid will destroy the GcMAF (the capsule is enteric, which protects the powder from stomach acid).

10. Rooney

Rooney Senior Member

SE USA
    Enlander's version gave me nerve pain in feet, so I quit.

11. daniariete2000

Thanks,

do you think colostrum maf can be taken also on other day or 2-3 days ? In that way I can avoid to divide capsules ....

12. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I don't know.

13. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

UK
    That paper can be found here:
    Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Three Case Reports

Sadly from the above paper I linked to, this doesn't seem to be a property of colostrum MAF in particular, but the authors are claiming it to be a property of GcMAF in general:
    i.e. If like me you've tried other forms of GcMAF and gotten horribly inflamed, then sadly there is no evidence to suggest that colostrum MAF won't do the same. I had my hopes up for a while there and was even about to buy some!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Hip likes this.
  14. Hip

Hip Senior Member

So there is nothing especially anti-inflammatory about colostrum MAF then. That's good to know. I have never tried GcMAF, but the virus I caught that triggered my ME/CFS seems pretty inflammatory in general, so I am guessing if I tried GcMAF, it may well worsen this existing inflammation.

garcia likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.