• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coffee,, yes or no

Justin30

If I have one its decaf...

Coffee is one thing I miss so much...i find it gives an unpleasant feeling in my guts now as well as overstimulates me.

My POTS Dr said my adrenalin is through the roof thats why I no longer get a stress response.....coffee prior to this used to give me good adrenalin rushes which I quite enjoyed.

Gingergrrl

Absolutely zero tolerance for caffeine or anything stimulating since 2010 when I was injured by Levaquin. Prior to that, I drank coffee and loved it all my life.

JohnCB

Immoderate
I have always had the impression that it is a personal thing, talking to other PwME. This thread seems to reinforce that idea. I do drink coffee but not in large amounts. I prefer it to tea. I avoid coffee in the evening for several hours before going to bed as it seems to make sleep more difficult.

I also like what I call "mocha", a measure of low calorie instant hot chocolate (Options) with half a spoon of instant coffee. I find that a pleasant hot drink first thing before I have breakfast.

I used to make ground coffee in a cafetiere but nowadays I just spoon some instant into a mug to save effort. In a typical day I will use 2.5 to 3 heaped spoons of coffee. It's very quick with an "instant kettle" that just heats a stream of water into the cup from a cold water reservoir that needs filling once a day. It delivers the water I need much quicker than an ordinary kettle and doesn't need taking to the tap each time I want a drink.

u&iraok

I have cycles of tolerance for coffee.

Me too--not at all (makes me feel carsick kind of, besides--way too jittery ) or decaf coffee. I can tolerate Jamaican coffee though, half a cup--maybe less acid because of their alkaline soil?

WyattStukowski

[banned as spam]
Obviously, i always say "Yes" to coffee, it give a bit of relaxation and a refreshment to my body & brain.Per day i take coffee 4 at maximum, 2 at minimum.