• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Class Action Lawsuit Against Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.

CBS

Patients probably already know about this but I couldn't find anything on PR. Sorry if it is old news. My bolds and underlines. I feel bad for the patients that were helped by Ampligen. They (and we as ME patients) deserve better.

Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.

WAYNE, Pa., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP (www.rmclasslaw.com/cases/heb) announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on behalf of purchasers of Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. ("Hemispherx" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT: HEB) common stock during the period between March 19, 2012 and December 17, 2012, inclusive (the "Class Period").
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121112/MM11729LOGO )
For more information regarding this class action suit, please contact Ryan & Maniskas, LLP (Richard A. Maniskas, Esquire) toll-free at (877) 316-3218 or by email at rmaniskas@rmclasslaw.com or visit: www.rmclasslaw.com/cases/heb.
Hemispherx is a biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the development of nucleic acids to enhance the natural anti-viral defense systems of the human body. The Company's lead product, Ampligen(R) ("Ampligen"), is undergoing clinical trials for the treatment of Myalgic Encephalomylitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, the Company made a host of materially false and misleading statements regarding the safety and efficacy of Ampligen, and touted purportedly positive results from Ampligen's clinical trials. As a result of the foregoing, the Company's statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
On December 18, 2012, the FDA published an FDA staff report concerning Ampligen's safety and efficacy. Specifically, the report concluded that the Company's studies were "ill-defined and invalid" with signals of efficacy that were inconsistent between clinical trials, and based on the limited quality of the data, "it is difficult to draw conclusions regarding potential safety signals," but the "review identified nine potential safety concerns associated with Ampligen."