• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS cellular molecular interaction between the neuroendocrine and immune systems

leelaplay

Fred Springfield posted this to co-cure Feb 10

Cellular and molecular mechanisms of interaction between the neuroendocrine and immune systems under chronic fatigue syndrome in experiment

[Article in Russian]

Journal: Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2009 Dec;95(12):1324-35.

[No authors listed]

NLM Citation: PMID: 20141043

One of the main mechanisms of chronic fatigue syndrome development involves disturbances of interaction between the immune and neuroendocrine systems. The adequate experimental model for the search of these mechanisms is induction of fatigue in animals via the single intraperitoneal administration of synthetic double-stranded RNA - Poly I : C.

Investigation of alterations in cytotoxic and proliferation activities of splenocytcs, the intensity of immunomodulatory cytokines signaling via the sphingomyelin pathways in membrane P2 fraction of the brain cortex, as well as the activity of hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal (HP A) axis in the dynamics of chronic fatigue syndrome in rats was performed.

Inhibition of both cytotoxic and proliferative activities of splenocytes during the period of fatigue development has been shown. Priority data concerning the suppression of the activity of neutral sphingomyelinase (nSMase) - the key enzyme of the sphingomyelin cascade - in membranes of the cells from the brain cortex on the 3d day after Poly I : C administration to rats have been obtained. It was found that Poly I : C injection to rats led to disturbed HPA axis functions which was manifested by decreased corticosterone concentration in standard functional assays with ACTH and hydrocortisone administration.

It is suggested that disturbances in interaction between the immune and neuroendocrine systems during development of chronic fatigue syndrome, including alterations in HPA axis activity, are realized both on the level of changes in the activity of immune-competent cells and immediately on membranes of the brain cells

G

Gerwyn

Fred Springfield posted this to co-cure Feb 10

Cellular and molecular mechanisms of interaction between the neuroendocrine and immune systems under chronic fatigue syndrome in experiment

[Article in Russian]

Journal: Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2009 Dec;95(12):1324-35.

[No authors li

NLM Citation: PMID: 20141043

One of the main mechanisms of chronic fatigue syndrome development involves disturbances of interaction between the immune and neuroendocrine systems. The adequate experimental model for the search of these mechanisms is induction of fatigue in animals via the single intraperitoneal administration of synthetic double-stranded RNA - Poly I : C.

Investigation of alterations in cytotoxic and proliferation activities of splenocytcs, the intensity of immunomodulatory cytokines signaling via the sphingomyelin pathways in membrane P2 fraction of the brain cortex, as well as the activity of hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal (HP A) axis in the dynamics of chronic fatigue syndrome in rats was performed.

Inhibition of both cytotoxic and proliferative activities of splenocytes during the period of fatigue development has been shown. Priority data concerning the suppression of the activity of neutral sphingomyelinase (nSMase) - the key enzyme of the sphingomyelin cascade - in membranes of the cells from the brain cortex on the 3d day after Poly I : C administration to rats have been obtained. It was found that Poly I : C injection to rats led to disturbed HPA axis functions which was manifested by decreased corticosterone concentration in standard functional assays with ACTH and hydrocortisone administration.

It is suggested that disturbances in interaction between the immune and neuroendocrine systems during development of chronic fatigue syndrome, including alterations in HPA axis activity, are realized both on the level of changes in the activity of immune-competent cells and immediately on membranes of the brain cells

cytokine upregulation