• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS and the Polio Vaccine

Jon_Tradicionali

Alone & Wandering
"http://www.ageofautism.com/2015/01/plague-when-the-mouse-met-mercury.html"

PLAGUE- When the Mouse Met Mercury
By Kent Heckenlively

The first known outbreak of chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) took place during 1934-1935 at the Los Angeles County Hospital and affected 198 doctors and nurses during a polio outbreak.

300 doctors and nurses at the Los Angeles County Hospital were given an early polio vaccine developed by Dr. Maurice Brodie, as well as approximately 7,000 children. (Active Immunization Against Poliomyeleitis, American Journal of Public Health, February 1936) The vaccine was passaged multiple times through mouse brain tissue. (Attempts to Produce Poliomyelitis in Refractory Laboratory Animals, March 1, 1935, doi: 10.3181/00379727-32-7876)

In addition to the polio vaccine, the doctors and nurses were also given an accompanying "immune serum" to boost their response to the vaccine. This immune serum contained "merthiolate", otherwise known as thimerosal, as a preservative....

It was during this time period that the first children who would go onto develop autism were born. These children were born to parents who worked primarily in the medical and scientific fields....
Read more here.

Last edited by a moderator:

barbc56

The first known outbreak of chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) took place during 1934-1935 at the Los Angeles County Hospital

I think the emphasis is on "first known". I equate that with saying Columbus discovered America.

The same can be said about autism.

So you have two statements which are faulty reasoning, and that makes the point of the article questionable.

Barb

ETA XMRV?

Last edited: