• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can't tolerate mixed tocopherols?

outdamnspot

I'm trying to rule out stuff that seems to be activating/agitating me. Every day, I noticed I'd feel worse around the time I had my daily smoothie ('super green' powder mix, rice protein powder, blueberries, rice milk, banana). So I started eliminating stuff from the smoothie -- first the green mix, then the protein powder .. but was still feeling worse.

It's also the same time I take my Vitamin A (20k IU) and mixed tocopherols (2 gels, giving me 400IU Vitamin E plus the tocopherols). I'd been taking just d-alpha prior to that and noticed it would calm me and improve my stress response .. I didn't put two-and-two together until I saw a casual comment someone made on another board about tocopherols worsening their noise sensitivity.

I was steering away from just d-alpha because I know it can deplete the others, and I was taking a high dose (about 1000IU) a day. But I was just curious if anyone else had had a similar reaction..?

xchocoholic

I found most mixed tocopherols contained soy. Most vitamin E capsules did too. I get phlegm in my throat from soy so it was easy to tell. Tc .. x