• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cannabis oil - TNF inhibitor?

Thinktank

I've recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and by searching for alternative therapies i came across this video about a lady who went into remission just by usiing medicinal cannabis oil.

One of the things it does is reducing TNF-a which is usually elevated in Crohn's. Some theories say an elevation of TNF-a due to infected macrophages, bacterial toxins or other factors causes Crohn's and other intestinal diseases.

TNF-a is also elevated in CFS so i was wondering if anyone here has tried cannabis oil?
I'm not talking about smoking pot but real oil extracted from marihuana which i assume is a lot more powerful than smoking pot.

In two months i'll be heading back to the my homecountry the Netherlands where the use of marihuana is "legal". I've never smoked pot in my life which i now regret, maybe i would be a lot more healthy if i did!

i use cannabis medicinally for cfs. it's the best thing i have found. i think it is because it decreases TNF. maybe i am that subgroup? Fluge and Mella (excuse spelling) are using Eternacept to decreases TNF. fish oil works well too apparently, a few studies supporting that - but you need to take quite a bit.

leela

when i was in a state where i could legally access it, juicing the raw leaves was my best-ever treatment.
very sorry to have made the mistake of moving away from there. zero psychoactive effects, strong pain relief, powerful toxin removal, and immediate sleep improvement. after about six weeks, you realize the pain has gone.

vli

leela--do you mind my asking exactly what kinds of pain you had? Thank you so much. vli

leela

vli, the treatment worked on alll the migrating shooting, tearing, stabbing pains, and on the overall aches and joint pain, though it did nothing for the migraines. still, a remarkable overall improvement on body pain/inflammation.

South

An easier to get ingredient to reduce tnf-alpha is IP6 (a form of phytic acid). It is sold by various manufacturers as a supplement. Although the bran of certain grains have it, the bran foods have minerals bound to the phytic acid, and may not perform well for this purpose, so people who try this usually buy plain IP6 in capsules or powder, and take it on an empty stomach. I haven't done it though.

Here's a study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18536177

Hip

There are plenty of other TNF-alpha inhibitor supplements to try:

Cat's claw — a remarkably potent inhibitor of TNF-alpha production 1 2

Taurine — significantly reduces TNF-alpha production 1

Vinpocetine — potently inhibits some of the downstream effects of including TNF-alpha. 1

I take 10 to 20 of vinpocetine each day.