• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can TRIPHALA feed CANDIDA?

keenly

It contains fruits, right? which mean sugar?

I took some last night and i am EXTREMELY bloated today.

I bought it to help with biofilms

any thoughts?

dannybex

My guess is 'no'...

Triphala is made from fruits, but three fruits specifically chosen to help strengthen, balance, and cleanse the digestive tract. The bloating doesn't necessarily mean it's 'feeding' the candida. It could be 'fighting' it...it could be helping to get rid of it, and/or other possibly nasty bugs in one's gut.

Also...looking at it a different way, if one eats some meat and potatoes (or similar) for dinner, and halfway through decides to have a bowl of fruit...that often causes bloating, gas, etc., -- due soley to the strange combination of foods eaten at one time. Fruit is usually best to eat before a meal, or an hour or so after a meal.

You might try using half as much tonight, and make sure to take it a couple hours away from meals. Some of the bloating may also be due to it interacting with other foods...

???

Just my two cents. :Retro smile: