• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

C4a and Symptom Progression/Muscle Pain in Legs

Hi all,

Two part question:

1.) Has anyone noticed a correlation between their C4a levels and how they feel physically?
My C4a dropped significantly over the past few months (12000 to 1200), but my symptoms are relatively the same.

2.) Since the onset my illness in late 2013, my leg muscles and joints (mostly knees and hips) have been incredibly sore and weak. I was a cyclists before I became ill and what's interesting is that all my muscle are sore in the same places they normally would be after weeks of training except in this case the pain never resolves. If I try to do any type of leg exercises my muscle tremble and want to cramp, particularly my ham strings. However, my upper body muscles are still relatively strong and behave normally under load.

Anyone else have this experience?