Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Breathing issues?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by outdamnspot, Jun 14, 2018.

1. outdamnspot

outdamnspot Senior Member

Does anyone here know if SIBO or gut inflammation can cause air hunger and difficulty breathing?

Sancar, alkt and Runner5 like this.
  2. scienceshea

scienceshea

Based on other anecdotal stories that I've read, I would lean toward yes.

From personal experience, my recent air hunger/breathing issues seemed to arise along with several GI symptoms.

alkt, Runner5 and ljimbo423 like this.
  3. Runner5

Runner5 Senior Member

PNW
    My throat feels narrowed and to small and like I can't get enough air in, but I've had two doctors say I'm imagining it basically... it's super uncomfortable. I don't know what's causing it, I think acid reflux? Allergies? No clue.

alkt likes this.
  4. alkt

alkt Senior Member

uk
    many people with auto immune diseases have problems with air hunger I know it is common symptom with fibro myalgia .unfortunately I have not heard of any one common thing that gives relief .

5. outdamnspot

outdamnspot Senior Member

Thanks for your replies. The breathing issues have accompanied worsening GI symptoms in general, as @scienceshea mentions -- reflux, nausea, vomiting blood (twice). It's quite terrifying and sometimes feels like I'm suffocating.

alkt and Runner5 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.