• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Body wide inflammation.... 8 mts need some help

place

Be Strong!
Hi y'all,
I was having some issues with IC and I thought a cold/flue but now I am not so sure.

Symptoms
  • IC
  • Stronger sinus issues
  • inflammation in my knee's
  • excessive thirst but no amount of water helps (my lips are chaffed)
  • Brain fog

Two things trigger it conssitantly
  • Cheese- i think
  • exercise

I have been doing the methylation on and off. I always take my supplements but sometimes don't take the B12. I am wondering if my histamine is building up and the b12 is not there to take it back down

Or

it could be acidosis-

What are your thoughts?

place

Be Strong!
No not when it started but I have had two course of antibiotic to fight it when I thought it was an illness.

Maybe I should get off all my supps. And start from ground zero. Uggh I hate to do that but I'm not sure what else to do.

Hip

One person who caught the same virus as me developed severe systemic inflammation, and had to be treated with corticosteroids for a long time. I developed ME/CFS from this virus, and my ME/CFS seems to involve a lot of inflammation.

Some of the anti-inflammatory supplements I found the most helpful for this pro-inflammatory virus I caught are listed on my website HERE.

In particular, N-acetyl-glucosamine was very helpful.

Chapped lips can indicate a riboflavin (vitamin B2) or zinc deficiency.

place

Be Strong!
Hip that website was really interesting! I tend to have the mild symptoms of this possible virus. My first symptom was thinking mucus. I am going to give the nag a try. I will post back with results.

taniaaust1

The increased brain fog (can happen due to less blood going to the brain) and the very dry mouth can go along with POTS if you've developed that. Due to the POTS I need to drink all the time or my lips, mouth gets very dry. You may want to consider doing a poor mans test to make sure you arent developing it.

place

Be Strong!
Hey hip, i realized that this was your site. So i just wanted to let you know for the thick mucus I use my neilmed I the morning(shower). Take 1200 of guaifenesin, wait two hours and flush the nose again and get the infection out. I do this every day and it has made a huge difference in how I feel, sick wise.

place

Be Strong!
Ok, things have have settled down. So I had been taking antiviral herbs and got off of them and my tender joints started to fade. I ended up taking them again and he pain returned. It reminds me of weak tendons that are prone to injury. I thought it w inflammation but not sure now.

The head ache went away after a night of a few drinks, weird, I know, but I will take what I can get.

Still have some ic issues, but I have not given it the main test and exercised yet. maybe tomorrow.

place

Be Strong!
Hip- I re read your web page. You talk about sinuses and proximity to the brain. I have been studying my sinus issue for over 15 years and I have noticed several patterns with mine.

If the infection, which travels against gravity at times, is in my maxilaries, I am exstrmely tired and I can wash them out and instantly gain energy.

If they are In My adenoids I have social issues and a ton of anxiety, thought process is off.

Unknown spot-I have exstrme mania and energy right before I get some heavy sinus congestion. This mania also will disrupt my sleep. Today it woke me up with racing thought around 6 am and I struggled to get to sleep again. I finally did and when I got back up at 8:30,I was really congested, but have yet to get anything out. I'm not sure if the infection is close to the brain and causing the mania or its in the brain during the mania and then transfers to the sinuses.

I am going to pay more attention to my other symptoms because for me it revolves around the sinuses.

Hip

place
At one stage I had pretty bad generalized anxiety disorder, and I noticed the link between sinus / nasal cavity inflammation and the severity of my anxiety state. By trial and error, I found the following supplements were effective for reducing sinus and nasal cavity inflammation, and in turn, for reducing anxiety levels:

Oral supplements that lower sinus / nasal cavity inflammation:
The most potent listed first:
N-acetylglucosamine 750 mg
Horsetail herb (silica) 600 mg
Saccharomyces boulardii 3 capsules
Probiotics 5 capsules
Magnesium malate (high dose transdermal magnesium works well too)

Intranasal supplements that lower sinus / nasal cavity inflammation:
The most potent listed first:
Germanium sesquioxide powder 20 mg snorted intranasally — clears sinuses very well within 30 mintues.
Reishi powder 50 mg

The above intranasal supplements are taken by snorting a small amount into the nasal cavity via a wide drinking straw. Note: never snort any acidic supplements into your nose, as they will sting like hell. I learnt this the hard way... These intranasal supplements are of course not the sort of thing you would normally think about snorting into your nose, but experimentally I tried snorting hundreds of different supplements to check for their anti-inflammatory effects, and the ones listed above are the ones that really work (at least for me). You can obtain these supplements as powder by opening a supplement capsule, or crushing down a tablet.

Note that my sinus / nasal cavity inflammation was aseptic inflammation: that is, there was no bacterial or fungal infection involved (though there may be a viral infection). If there is a bacterial or fungal infection involved, you may need to take antimicrobials.

I also found that eliminating dairy helped reduced sinus / nasal cavity inflammation.

I hope this helps.