ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Blood test after Inosine Pranobex

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by nsdn, Oct 28, 2018.

1. nsdn

nsdn

Hi.

After not being successful with chelation, the MyHill protocol, the Cowden protocol, methylation, probiotics, KetoKerri, LDI and Oxymatrine I am now feeling better with intermittent fasting and taking LDN (for fatigue and PENE) and Mestinon (for POTS).

Tomorrow I will start with Inosine Pranobex. Monday 3000 mg, Tuesday 1500 mg, Wednesday 3000 mg, Thursday 1500 mg, Friday 3000 mg and resting for the weekend. I think that this dosage is correct for ME, otherwise tell me please.

In Spain no doctor knows about this treatment. I read that Klimas does blood testing after starting the treatment so she can judge about the effects of the medication. Can you help me with these tests? I do not know which ones they are. I have a private health insurance and a friendly internist doctor willing to collaborate with the tests that I request.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Notjustfatigue, Mary and heapsreal like this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Alternating the dose with weekends off is how many cfs drs recommend it. So looks good to me.

Mary likes this.
  3. nsdn

nsdn

Up!

4. Seven (formerly lnester7)

Seven (formerly lnester7) Seven

USA
    Natural Killer (NK) cell count and function. You need to monitor your kidney function and Uric acid.

nsdn likes this.
  5. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    I'm on this (Imunovir) but a slightly different regimen. I stay on the double dose for five days, the weekend off, then the single dose for five days and keep alternating. So far, I think it has kept me from relapsing.

6. nsdn

nsdn

Hi.

I am awaiting results of active T lymphocytes and cytotoxicity of NKs among other things.

After a month of Inosine Pranobex yesterday I had fever up to 38.5 and today in the morning up to 37.7. Without more symptoms.

Can it be a good sign?

Should I do some extra tests tomorrow, Monday?

Greetings and thanks for your attention.

heapsreal likes this.
  7. nsdn

nsdn

8. Hip

Hip Senior Member

It may well be a good sign. In the case of oxymatrine, Dr John Chia notes that patients who experience a sudden bout of fever after taking oxymatrine for one or two months often find their ME/CFS symptoms are improved when the fever clears up a few days later.

This phenomenon would also seem to occur with inosine: see here:

heapsreal and nsdn like this.
  9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Ditto that.

But wait a couple of months before testing nk cells again. If theres expense then test sooner and couple months later.

10. nsdn

nsdn

Date: 21/11/2018
    One month after starting with Inosine Pranobex

Screenshot_20181204-234005__01.jpg

heapsreal and S-VV like this.
  11. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Have you got before results to compare.

12. nsdn

nsdn