• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood spot vitamin D testing?

There is a UK website that sells blood spot vitamin D tests: http://vitamindtest.org.uk/

This would be so much easier than trying to get one from the doctor's. Does anyone know how legitimate this test is? It appears to be something to do with an NHS hospital in Birmingham.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
I had a friend with ME get this done in the UK and it was accepted by the NHS as accurate. (It's run via Birmingham NHS) and they received treatment from the results too.

Also the Marshall Protocol people are open to blood spot testing, so both mainstream and alternative seem to agree on this.

I got my results emailed to me within under a week: 58.0nmol/L – "Adequate". The only problem is the pin prick to collect the blood is taking a long time to heal! I was hoping my vitamin D result would explain it, after I benefited from using it topically, but my level has been lower before this problem... So not quite the answer I was looking for!

Still, much more convenient than getting it from the doctor's.