• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood parameters indicative of oxidative stress are associated with symptom expression in CFS

Learner1

This is exactly the question my doctors and I are discussing now.

We think I have low BH4 recycling, low SOD production and high peroxynitrites. I have very thick blood. A recent NutrEval showed high lipid peroxides, low GSH, low ALA, and low A, C, and E.

I'm taking high doses of oral A, C, E, NAC, ALA, folate, MB12, and all cofactors. And doing IM HB12, MB12, and high potency B complex 2-3 days a week. And oral NT Factor.

And a weekly IV with MTHF, HB12, MB12, ALA, and GSH (glutathione), plus carnitine, magnesium, and other cofactors. And NAD+. I also HBOT 2-3 days a week.

I recently got some NO test strips, and most days they are reading low.

I've been gradually improving on all of this, along with treating my infections and immune system, but the ongoing oxidative stress is puzzling...

Any ideas? I suspect this is significant...

Attachments

• oxidative nitrosative stress in cfs.pdf
    320.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Pall-vitamin C B3 folate B12-Pauling-was-Right.pdf
    342.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Clinical_Uses_MLR-NicolsonDiscoveries2016.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 4

gregh286

This is exactly the question my doctors and I are discussing now.

We think I have low BH4 recycling, low SOD production and high peroxynitrites. I have very thick blood. A recent NutrEval showed high lipid peroxides, low GSH, low ALA, and low A, C, and E.

I'm taking high doses of oral A, C, E, NAC, ALA, folate, MB12, and all cofactors. And doing IM HB12, MB12, and high potency B complex 2-3 days a week. And oral NT Factor.

And a weekly IV with MTHF, HB12, MB12, ALA, and GSH (glutathione), plus carnitine, magnesium, and other cofactors. And NAD+. I also HBOT 2-3 days a week.

I recently got some NO test strips, and most days they are reading low.

I've been gradually improving on all of this, along with treating my infections and immune system, but the ongoing oxidative stress is puzzling...

Any ideas? I suspect this is significant...

great work.....sounds familiar.

gregh286

@gregh286 Interesting. So how did you come across this combination, through trial and error, or do you visit the clinic you linked to me?

I have low Zn/CuSOD from Myhills tests.
Low GSH from Myhills.
Poor Antioxidant status.
I have functionally low Glutamine from amino testing.
Its all bits and bobs from 6 years of dabbling.
i KNOW i have awful detoxification, when I visit caribbean, use Saunas, sweat etc,,,my condition improves dramatically, so much so that I consider emigration.
Prehaps also poor detox is another symptom of low ATP recycling.
So many pieces to puzzle.

sb4

i KNOW i have awful detoxification, when I visit caribbean, use Saunas, sweat etc,,,my condition improves dramatically, so much so that I consider emigration.
That could be the case but have you consider it could be due to the IR/Red/Sun light instead? There are a bunch of studies showing the effects of Red light on mito health and ATP production, not to mention all the other things it, and all the other colors, do.

gregh286

That could be the case but have you consider it could be due to the IR/Red/Sun light instead? There are a bunch of studies showing the effects of Red light on mito health and ATP production, not to mention all the other things it, and all the other colors, do.

Unlikely.
Baths....steam room etc have same effect.
No extra light involvement there.
Even dull day in humid country still improve. Sweat = improvement.

gregh286

Yes, that's right. Could vasodilation via NO also be at play here?

Vasodilation or endothelial inhibition. My BP skyrockets under light exercise.....250/100. Either there is an incredible amount of friction generated between blood flow (which i highly suspect due to serum stickiness) and endothelium or endothelium not responding.to vasodilation requirements.
In hot and humid environment....artery expands...blood thins a little....blood flow issue alleviated to a good degreee.
I got off plane recently.in malaysia could barely put one lead leg in front of other from all travelling and walking thru terminals.
Within about 90 mins in tropics my lactic leg burn totally disappeared and fatiguue lessened greatly.
Again its all pretty speculative from me....im no doc just a cfs passenger in time observing my journey through the bleakness.
Alcohol....another massive energy booster...but needs to be used sparingly due to toxic effect.