• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog: An ME/CFS Petition Worth Signing

slayadragon

The current government plans to redefine CFS are sounding extremely scary to me. And unfortunately, not many people are aware yet of what is going on.

Erik Johnson and I therefore wrote a new blog detailing what is happening.

One of the ME/CFS experts involved in this situation wrote to me today: "Nice summary of what has gone on and good luck on this petition."

I strongly encourage everyone to read more about this situation (from this blog and elsewhere), sign the petition as requested, and then share the information as widely as possible.

Thank you for your help.

From the blog:

>We believe that this government initiative to redefine ME/CFS is the most important political event related to this disease that has occurred since 1988, when the Holmes paper establishing “CFS” as an official disease was released. For good or for bad, this is an event that has the potential to create a dramatic impact on patients’ lives.

>We thus hope that everyone reading this will support this petition in every way that they can.

>Since the government does not yet recognize either “Toxic Mold Illness” or “Chronic Lyme Disease” as legitimate conditions, how it views the similar condition of ME/CFS is particularly important to individuals suffering from them with regard to obtaining disability and other issues. We thus ask those individuals with Lyme or mold issues to support this petition as well.

http://paradigmchange.me/wp/?p=110