• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bioinformatics collaboration

undiagnosed

Hey,

I want to revive a project I started working on to do nucleic acid amplification primarily for the purposes of pathogen detection and discovery with minimal equipment requirements using a Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) based assay. I am looking for anyone with bioinformatics experience to help by providing peer review and advice. My interest is in lentiviruses, but we could do other pathogens as well. I am currently working on designing primers, but it's my first time so I am trying to figure out sequence alignment and using tools like re-pcr and e-lamp to determine primer specificity in-silico prior to getting the primers manufactured.

Here is a thread I started a while ago which has some initial research I did. It was more focused on detecting reverse transcriptase activity but still using a LAMP assay.

I also have a few documents started including, RT-LAMP assay for detecting lentiviruses and A minimal equipment one-pot RT-LAMP assay for detecting reverse transcriptase activity.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out or know anyone who may be.

Thank you

Last edited: