• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best and safest mold binders if you also have MCAS?

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl best wishes for your move to your new apartment. I hope it is the beginning of better health for you.

Sending you love and encouragement.

Thank you Andy for the good wishes and the same back to you. Thank you for always keeping in touch with me when I was not well enough to post too much on the main board here. :hug::heart:

Gingergrrl

@Forebearance this is an old thread and I know we spoke a lot about mold binders back in June & July. The apt I mentioned in this thread did not work out but we are in a new mold free apt as of Sept & Oct that has worked out well.

I was wondering if you could remind me if you tried apple pectin as a binder or only citrus pectin? I cannot eat citrus but can eat apple. If so, do you have a brand or dose that works for you? I think this is the only one benign enough for me to tolerate right now.

Thanks in advance to Fore or anyone who has info on this.

Forebearance

Hi @Gingergrrl !
I am so happy to hear about your new apartment!

Apple pectin sounds like a great idea to me. I haven't tried it myself, but I have eaten apples for the fiber.
I guess like anything else, start out with a small amount and see how it goes and if you can increase it.

I forget if we said this in this thread, but I hope you know that to bind toxins it's best to take your binders on an empty stomach. Or with a small amount of fat to stimulate the gall bladder. If you take them with supplements, they will suck up some of the nutrients in the supplements.

I hope it works well for you!
Love, Fore