• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Basal Metabolic Gridlock: A pH Paradox

Hi @CFS_for_19_years . Thank you for your comment. A big part of my recovery from chronic illness was learning to locate authority -- and therefore power -- internally, rather than externally. If you have hypothyroidism, and, in spite of what the "experts" have told you, you sometimes find yourself wondering if maybe iodine does NOT make hypothyroidism worse, but actually IMPROVES hypothyroidism, even if you lack the will/strength to overtly contradict "the experts," you can always ask your body directly what it needs. Many people use muscle-testing to do this (lots of videos on the Web). But as you strike me as someone who might not go in for muscle-testing and its ilk, you can always just paint your skin with a patch of iodine and see how swiftly it is soaked up. Additionally, if you ever found you wanted to trial iodine, but were loath to take it orally, many do take it transdermally via the skin-painting technique.