• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Autoimmune Hepatitis and M.E

Uno

I wondered if any of my fellow M.E'ers have been also diagnosed with any forms of hepatitis or liver disease alongside M.E?

Over the past year I've got worse and my liver has gone nuts...I've just been told it's likely I have autoimmune hepatitis as my mum has the disease (genetics eh) or another form of liver disease but I just don't get it and it's scary.

I've heard stories of PWME having slightly raised liver enzymes but no links between M.E and Hepatitis or XMRV affecting the liver.

I also have diagnoses of Hypergammaglobulinemia and IgA deficiency - no idea if it all ties together but am a bit scared.

A very worried Uno:( x

Jenny

Very sorry to hear this Uno. All I can say is that a couple of years after I first got ill (30 years ago), I went yellow for several months. Couldn't get any tests, so I don't know if my liver enzymes were elevated, but my 'normal' grey colour returned afterwards.

Jenny