• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

At what point can Lyme be ruled out?

2 Lyme tests (W. Blots) were inconclusive. Doctors treated me for Lyme due to the inconclusive tests - about 1 year of heavy antibiotic use (100mg of Minocycline twice a day and Zithromax on a varying schedule...in the end of treatment with 500mg Zithromax once a day). Plus I used Banderol and Samento twice daily religiously. No improvement for me, so despite having the symptoms of Lyme and inconclusive tests, they ruled that I don't have Lyme. (I will say that I never found a tick attached to me, never had the symptoms of acute infection, however I am very active outdoors, often in the woods, in the summer).

I never saw a LLMD - I worked with an Integrative Doc and a Infectious Disease Doc. The problem I have with the LLMD is that it's almost $1000 just to walk in the door with the one closest to me (1/4 of that is made as a non-refundable deposit just to get on the doc's schedule). Add the IGENEX test for $400-some on top of that - that's a lot of money coming out of pocket!

While I believe Lyme is a very real epidemic, I never felt as severely ill as many Lyme patients.

Is this all enough to rule out Lyme as a cause of health issues?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Did you have a herxheimer reaction to the antibiotics at all? Not sure I can answer your question, or perhaps if anyone can...