• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

are there people who have big EBV-IgG and are not tired (not having CFS)

I have very big IgG against herpes viruses № 4 (Epstein-Barr), №5 (Cytomegalovirus), №6 and number 7 (about 20 times more than norm).

1. If all people who have too much IgG against herpes viruses are tired (have CFS) - this would me a good argument that herpes viruses are the reason.

2. If there are people, who have big IgG against herpes viruses and nevertheless are not tired - this would be a good argument, that herpes viruses are not (the only, the main) reason for CFS.

Is there any studies, that answer this question ?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Many cfsme experts who have been treating patients for many years would say u had an active chronic infection. A dr who hasn't had much experience with cfs would say that you have good immunity to those viruses because igg titres are high. If they day that to you find another dr.

Do you have any other immune tests eg lymphocytes, cd8 t cells, neutrophils , natural killer numbers and or function. These can also help with diagnosis.

Other conditions also need to be ruled out like anemia , thyroid etc etc

Thank you for your answer, heapsreal :thumbsup:
The Idea of my question is not that I want to find a good Dr. or make good diagnostics. I want to find out if Drs. have reason, when saying, that EBV, CMV etc. are not so dangerous. They say, that people can have had an infection, and then live further without CFS.

I suppose this Drs. have no reason to tell this, but only a scientific study can prove or refute it for sure.

Woolie

Hi @Nordman, I'm probably not the best person to answer this, so hope someone else will chime in.

But I suspect no-one really understands what these high titres to EBV etc. really mean. They might be a consequence of the CFS, rather than a cause. So for example, if our immune systems are out of control for some reason, we might be overproducing antibodies to these viruses (more than a normal person would). According to that scenario, its not the virus itself that's out of control, rather our response to it.

I know that doesn't really answer your question...

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I wouldn't say they were insignificant either as these infections are known to increase cancer risks or MS or other autoimmune disorders . As well as ongoing disabling fatigue, headaches, myalgias etc that can reduce your quality of life .

The only real way to know is to try and treat these infections and if u improve then you have your answer???

Well, this thread was viewed 153 times, and noone claimed any studies which proove, that there are people with big IgG titles against herpes viruses and they are not having CFS.
This can surely mean, that there really no such studies, and that this question is not definitely cleared.

Violeta

Well, this thread was viewed 153 times, and noone claimed any studies which proove, that there are people with big IgG titles against herpes viruses and they are not having CFS.
This can surely mean, that there really no such studies, and that this question is not definitely cleared.

It wouldn't necessarily mean there are no such studies because no one may have taken the time to search for studies. Usually when I want to find studies showing one thing or another I have to find them on my own.