• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are there any success stories?

user9876

I think the problem with many of us PWME is that we try something new all the time. In that way it is easy to relate remission to a specific supplement, a new doctor, some new herbs or some other stuff. Correlation does not imply causation.

Sometimes I wonder if there is more to it than that. Do PWME start trying new things as they are feeling a bit better then if the improvement continues to thing they tried gets credited whereas the improvement had already started.

deleder2k

Sometimes I wonder if there is more to it than that. Do PWME start trying new things as they are feeling a bit better then if the improvement continues to thing they tried gets credited whereas the improvement had already started.

My friend hadn't tried anything for over 2 years when he got better. When you think about all the stuff people try, I am pretty sure that most people who recover, or partly recover do so because of some random factor that is not caused by eating blueberry, B12 or any supplement. We do know that some people mysteriously recover, especially young people. Too bad we don't know why.

redaxe

Thanks for the reply. You've probably checked this already, but is your thyroid good? I have CFS and Hashimoto's and it's really hard to distinguish which one the symptoms are coming from. But one thing was for sure. Being hypothyroid made me very sleepy all the time - like I could fall asleep anytime - once my thyroid meds were tweeked that went away and I was just left with the "other fatigue". Unless you have a doctor that's good with thyroid, the tests are often misread as normal when they really aren't. - Just a thought.

Well I've had thyroid studies and an ultrasound everything comes up as fine. My thyroid is twice enlarged but that wasn't deemed to be a problem. The issue seems to be more earlydaytime tiredness. If I wake up late it's barely noticeable so that would imply to me it's not a thyroid problem as such as something disrupting the sleep/wake pattern.