• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are there any live-in treatment clinics for the mobile housebound?

maddietod

I'm doing a search on behalf of a mobile but housebound CFS friend. I'm looking for a live-in clinic in the US that does all the testing and adjustment of dosages while the patient stays at the treatment center. Her diet is extremely restricted and specialized, and she has MCS, so staying at a hotel is not feasible.

The Clymer Center in Pennsylvania offers this, but Dr. Neville is a naturopath and might be limited in what he can test for and treat.

If nobody knows of a live-in center, I'm open to any and all suggestions

She lives in Maryland, USA.

xchocoholic

Hi. I don.t know of any but I found the clymer centers website very interesting. The adrenal test they do was covered by my medicare. In fact most of my holistic tests were covered.

I might have considered going there if I was still clueless about what holistic medicine was but .... Imho The reading material and long list of supplements they offer give a clue to what would realy happen here.

Fwiw ...Because of all the testing involved and the fact that some of these tests take weeks to get the results back, imho she'd be better off making an appt with a local integrative or natural doctor and staying home. If she needs to travel tho, Choice hotels have what they call green hotels that I stay in.

Tc ... X

Nielk

I'm looking for a live-in clinic in the US that does all the testing and adjustment of dosages while the patient stays at the treatment center.

How did you read my dream from last night?

maddietod

Xchoc, I'm working with the Clymer center, and so far, so good. But I have adrenal problems for sure, so this is a good choice for me. Especially since I don't have to go there to get the support.

I realized that my friend hasn't had good sleep for years, and lately (like, the past year) she hardly sleeps at all. So first order of business might be to encourage her to go back on sleep meds, eh? Then she might have the energy to go see somebody like Klimas.

We don't have anybody locally who can handle severe CFS. They haven't got a clue about where to even start.

Nielk, I think we're going to have to build this ourselves.

Nielk

Nielk, I think we're going to have to build this ourselves.

If you build it, they will come.
I first have to win the lottery.
Just give me a couple of days.

Eucalypta

I don't know anything about this clinic than what I have read on the web and a friend's mother who is there at the moment and I'm waiting for her report to learn more about it. They speak about Fibromyalgia but maybe it's suitable for CFS patients as well. The clinic is in Utah, have a look maybe you find it interesting. http://www.fibroinnovations.org/

I told me dr. the same thing that in-patient treatment would be the best way to go. I'm in the 25% group which means the sickest and house bound. If I need to go and see my dr. and have a treatment done, all the positive that will come from it will not outweigh the negatives, such as exhaustion, catch another virus, the pre-visit like washing-up, dressing, feeding yourself. it's just not worth it. he agreed and wished he could do in-patient treatment. He told me about clinics in Mexico where patients undergo a light coma for 2 weeks and wake up reborn after being treated. No herx or detox problems. I didn't ask anything further because the whole thing looked scary to me but afterwards I started thinking how every treatment protocol fails because anti-virals ar just too toxic for me to take at home with no-one to watch over me. I'm extreme medications sensitive. Anything affects my cardiac problems immediately. Maybe being hooked up to all kinds of monitors and tubes that constant watching my reaction and give me tiny dosis would be they answer. Who knows? ;-)