• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Appointment with KDM! any advice?

i'm allergic to about 12 different types of medications so KDM said he will work around that and find something that will work.. ill let you know what he says when i get the treatment plan..

I would love to read update when the treatment progresses

Ivana

Got the results.. KDM was right, its a gut bacteriall thing.. no virus or hormonal problems, but lotsssss of strep and other harmful bacteria.. its well worth seeing him, but if you can get an appt with Dr Lewis (although the waiting list is a year), then that would be great too!

aquariusgirl

I am skeptical of the value of Redlabs viral/pathogen testing. I came back negative for EBV, but I know from US testing I am positive. OThers have said the same.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I am skeptical of the value of Redlabs viral/pathogen testing. I came back negative for EBV, but I know from US testing I am positive. OThers have said the same.

Never used redlabs but i initially tested psoitive for igg antibodies to ebv and a few years later was negative. Reading oslers web, this was common in the tahoo outbreak, they think immune system unable to make antibodies, so doesnt mean u dont have ebv??

Ivana

not sure if the post i wrote a couple of hours ago came up, but i got my repeat EBV test results and theyre positive. Ive emailed Himmunitas to ask about what to do next as the Redlabs results came back negative

Ivana

Just heard from KDM.. Redlabs checks for an active virus.. my current results indicated a previous virus which is currently not active.

bedman- i am sensitive to erythromycin but KDM gave it to me as he said its only for a short period of time (8 days) Im not experiencing anything bad as a result

Ivana

Hi Daniel

I started KDM's nexavir and b12 a couple of weeks ago and also feel much worse.. the fatigue is horrible and the depression has really hit again (as a result).. KDM said the nexavir shouldnt make u worse, but my dr (Dr Lewis in Melbourne) says that it can make you worse so start on a low dose such as 0.2ml and work ur way up.. thats what i did but it still makes me very sick.. i've only gotten to 1.5ml so far and i feel a lot worse. I did speak to another KDM patient and she said she felt worse at first but much better now.. so there some hope for us i guess

Best wishes,
Ivana

Ivana

daniel,

I have found that injecting the nexavir in the evening/night helps to reduce the worsening feeling so by the time i get up, its not so bad. I can function a bit better now, after reducing my dose and taking it at night..

hopefully that helps

ivana

topaz

Hi guys,

I'm new to this thing and this is my first thread but I've recently seen KDM so I thought i'd let you know how it went. My appointment was in October and I am yet to receive my treatment plan (however, this could be because the labs/clinic closed over new year/xmas so it may have taken longer).. It should be in any week now. KDM also told me i have gut problems after talking to me for a couple of minutes. He was very specific though, as I have been battling strep, staph, enterococcus etc for years. From what I know, I don't have any virus so its gotta be that (or i might be psychotic and making it up like all the other doctors so far have thought haha) I have found that eliminating a whole heap of foods which I am intolerant to (but didn't know about) has helped me heaps.. Im also taking USANA multivitamins, adrenal supplements, alginol and digestive enzymes.. and i have improved about 15% just from that.. So i'm very excited to get the treatment plan and hopefully that will help things along even further.

How are you all doing on KDM's treatment plan? Alexa, the results might take a while but from what i understand, they are very thorough. He also did an ultrasound on me and showed me problems with my heart, and answered all sorts of questions. The one thing I am wondering though- if anyone may be able to answer- is why the pupils in my eyes keep expanding and constricting all day every day? KDM briefly said that its due to the intoxication from the stomach bacteria, but I can barely see and need sunglasses, even inside. Has anyone else come across something like this? I will let you all know as soon as I get my treatment plan and what it reveals.

Wishing you all lots of good health and i hope and pray the treatment plan works for everyone :))))

Ivana

Hi Ivana

I just happened to read a post tonight about signs of adrenal fatigue and light sensitivity is one (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/6-little-known-signs-of-adrenal-fatigue/) . You may also want to google light sensitivity and adrenals further.

What adrenal supplements are you on?

Are you in Melbourne? I assumed so as you see Dr Lewis.

Thanks

Ivana

Hi Topaz

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked this particular post for a few days. I have had my HPA axis and adrenals tested by an endocrinologist, and the results came out perfect. I have heard that light sensitivity and the whole erratic pupils thing can be due to neurotoxicity, Dr Lewis said that too.

Are you seeing Dr Lewis or KDM? Yes, I am in Melbourne.

Kind Regards,

Ivana

Ivana

Oh i forgot- Im on AOR Ortho Adapt for the adrenals.. Its pretty good stuff, u can order it into Aus from Canada

Ivana

Hi all,
just wondering if anyone will be in Brussels on the 10/11 April? I have my second appointment then and it would be nice to meet have a chat with other patients who might be visiting then.
all the best,
Dan