• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have experience with these things my Dr. recommended?

Carl

I had another look on a cheaper site which does sell the Jarrow caps of SAG @£21.85 which is closer to the price that you can get them in the states. They are the same SAG content as the more expensive ones on Amazon with 100mg of SAG. The $>-£ exchange rate reduction has severely inflated prices. Importing anything is now very expensive as a result.

http://catalog.designsforhealth.com/S-Acetyl-Glutathione-Synergy
These have 10mg P-5-P in 2 caps, I take 200mg/day ATM so only a fraction of what I currently take. 1g of NAC in 2 caps.

£75.95 from one place that I have found in the UK The high price is not justifiable because it offers nothing that I cannot get cheaper.

At these prices I think I will stick to liposomal. I will see how I get on with the liposomal reduce Glutathione when the powder arrives sometime next week.

I should be spending my time beating the infection that causes CFS rather than messing around with other stuff. Other things keep getting in the way.

overtheedge

@Carl woop, you're right, I went back and edited my post, I meant to also write that at the dose I was taking I was getting 300mg SAG with 15mg P5P and 1.5g's NAC and I got the data mixed up. Looking around and 300mg's SAG per day seemed the max dose recommended by supplements so I upped it to that despite the designs for health bottle only recommending 2 of its capsules per day not 3.

It has been a long time since I read about NAC but I think 1.5g's is somewhat high though I think max dose I considered back in the day was something like 2.4g's/day and that neither of those doses should be taken long term but I could be wrong. If anyone goes for the designs for health might be a good idea to look into that