• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else tried Nimodipine?

I asked my doc to prescribe me this after reading 'Beating Chronic Fatigue' by Kristina Downing Orr. It's a good read but 200 pages of it can be summarised with this one word.
I tried the protocol, starting with one quarter of a pill per day, increasing the dose by a quarter pill per week. I had very positive results on week one and four, way beyond my normal fluctuations. I took it for about 2 months before working back down again, but without repeating the previous results.
I tried again after 6 months or so, without luck. Then again 6 months after that, but going straight in with half a pill twice per day, and had a very good week, but no more.
Has anyone else had a good experience, or even a good lasting experience with this drug?

m1she11e

I just read this book as well and am looking for anyone that has tried the Nimodipine with Dr Mason's protocol.
You would think there would be more information or personal experience with it. People seem to have tried it but not at the dosing she talks about and with the other supplements and for the reason it is recommended in her book.

Justin30

What sysmptoms is it supposed to treat. Dr Golstein used it as one of his top 4 if i remember correctly.