• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else noticed since having ME

rosie26

Spending years in bed with an illness, you think of all kinds of things.

One of those things that came to mind was the memory of when I was well, and how if I spent too long laying down during the day my body would ache, telling me to get up and exercise.

But since my collapse with ME I never get those aches, it's like my body needs to lay down and stay there. Not even in the severe years when I was laying down practically all day and all night, I still didn't get those aches.

I guess I will know when I am well again, I will start getting the aches, telling me to get up !

Anyone else noticed this.

SOC

For me it was falling asleep during the day. When I was well, I could never fall asleep during the day. Even if I were to lie down on my bed to rest, I'd be wide awake and uncomfortable lying still. After I got sick, I could sleep 5 hours during the day, and sometimes 20 hours a day. :eek:

Now that I'm doing a lot better, I can't sleep during the day anymore, even if I lie down to rest. Kinda cool, actually. :D

So, not a muscle ache thing for me, but it did go back to "normal" as I reached a certain point in recovery.

rosie26

Yes, your sign is not being able to sleep again during the day which means your heading in the right direction regarding your health.

Since having ME, I have not been able to go over 60kg in weight. Every time I get close my ME flares severely and I lose the weight that I had gained.
So another sign for me will be when I eventually manage to go over 60kg and keep the weight I will know I am on my way to good health again. Thanks SOC, loved your post.