Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else have rs880844 AA?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Kimsie, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Kimsie

Kimsie Senior Member

2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Nope, I've got the GG.

3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

AG here. Not seeing a lot about it on Google. What's your interest in it?

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

It doesn't mean anything just because it's less frequent. And in the case of that SNP, the AA genotype is still extremely common (up to 30% in some populations), just slightly less common than GG or AG. It also doesn't have any known mutation in the protein associated with it, nor any research showing that it's a problem.

5. Kimsie

Kimsie Senior Member

I see. On opensnp it was 5%, but that is probably not a very large sample.

Halcyon, I was asking because I think there could be something going wrong with the iron-sulfur clusters, which would cause the electron transport chain to be inhibited, but there wouldn't necessarily have to be a mutation for that to happen.

I think the electron transport chain must to be inhibited in these illnesses, and I was wondering if there are some people who are more susceptible to inhibition of the ETC by interference with iron-sulfur clusters (by H2O2, i.e. oxidative stress) than other people.

halcyon likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.