• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Private Neurologists in London?

Hi everyone

I've been dealing with neurological symptoms for the last few years and seen various doctors with no luck.

Recently, neurological symptoms such as tingling and numbness have gotten worse and we're considering seeing a Neurologist to obtain tests such as MRIs etc to rule in / our other causes or simply get data which would be useful for my LLMD to use.

Could anyone recommend a private Neurologist in the London area?

Many Thanks

Ade

Ambrosia_angel

Have you had an initial mri on the nhs? If not then I'd try and get one. To be honest the Dr you want to see depends on what sort of illness your looking to rule out. If your looking for ms then most neurologists have expertise in that area and it won't be hard finding a Dr who can deal with that.

I went to see private muscle(and neurologist) Dr to rule out muscle disease and nothing came of it. He did a basic emg and cpk then said I likely don't have any muscle problems and recommended a mental hospital that deal with cfs. He didn't even consider the condition I thought may be the culprit (mitochondrial disease). I feel as if I'm going to have to wait for something life threatening to happen before anyone considers it. He was a nice Dr and apparently one of the best in europe. Just not that helpful. The worst part is that I know emgs and cpk can be normal in a lot of muscle diseases!!

It's hard to say which Dr will be the best as there are so many good ones and one that will be good for us may not be good for you. You can get a mri test referral from your llmd and someone to read it. If you know what your looking for than you may be better of getting your Dr to write the tests to do and you do them privately. Consultation fees are very expensive.