• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AM3 (Inmunoferon)

AM3 (Inmunoferon), which is a glycoconjugate of natural origin, inhibits LPS-induced TNF-alpha production and inflammatory responses. It is prescribed to boost defenses.

My onset was on mid 2010, with symptoms matching the Chronic Sore Throat / Mood Virus. On blood test there was a mid leukopenia, with 2500 units per cubic milimeter, while normal is above 4000. Before the onset I had aroung 5000. I attribute the leukopenia to the virus killing T cells and alike cells. The opinion I got from doctors was the other way round, since they say that if I had an infection the defenses will be higher rather than lower. This is not true in all cases and depends on pathogen. For an example HIV cause defenses to be depleted too instead of increased, so the explanation they gave to me is just a regular basis.

Took the Inmunoferon for two months and symptoms became exacerbated. I believe that was because the immune system is fighting harder against the virus and the symptoms you experience are the result of that fight.

Last edited: