• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alkaline salts for histamine intolerance/MCAS?

Dufresne

almost there...
When it comes to EHS it seems most people complain about cell phones, microwaves, smart meters, etc; the stuff we've come to be somewhat suspicious of. And while these things may not be "good", I can't say I've ever had any trouble with them. What tends to cause a reaction in me are incandescent lights, computer screens, riding in cars, and anything that brings electricity right against the skin. Moreover it's somewhat ironic that somebody so open to energy and oddball medicine, should have such difficulty with marginalized therapies. In fact most of the things that have blown my mind since starting this odyssey, I can't even use. I can't use infrared saunas, rifing or zapping, energy pendents, reiki, acupuncture, meditation, and even homeopathy, which has only ever really helped me with diagnostics. Yet I know there's something to each of these. And Brussels, whose opinion I highly value, raves about her Tesla Wand. I think I'm too sensitive for most energy medicine; which sucks.

Incidentally, I don't know if it should be considered energy medicine but Qi Gong is something I do well with..

Christopher

When it comes to EHS it seems most people complain about cell phones, microwaves, smart meters, etc; the stuff we've come to be somewhat suspicious of. And while these things may not be "good", I can't say I've ever had any trouble with them. What tends to cause a reaction in me are incandescent lights, computer screens, riding in cars, and anything that brings electricity right against the skin. Moreover it's somewhat ironic that somebody so open to energy and oddball medicine, should have such difficulty with marginalized therapies. In fact most of the things that have blown my mind since starting this odyssey, I can't even use. I can't use infrared saunas, rifing or zapping, energy pendents, reiki, acupuncture, meditation, and even homeopathy, which has only ever really helped me with diagnostics. Yet I know there's something to each of these. And Brussels, whose opinion I highly value, raves about her Tesla Wand. I think I'm too sensitive for most energy medicine; which sucks.

Incidentally, I don't know if it should be considered energy medicine but Qi Gong is something I do well with..
what happens with your ehs?

Dufresne

almost there...
what happens with your ehs?

The first symptoms to occur were irritated, itchy eyes, then facial irritation, causing my skin to go red, along with considerable exacerbation of the swelling under my eyes -quite a sight to see and decidedly uncomfortable at its worst. If I used any kind of electric treatments as I listed in my last post I'd develop a whole new range of symptoms from extreme jumpiness/hyper-vigilance to the inability to really fall asleep. The latter was very odd, as I could just get into a dream state and stay there seemingly the whole night, able to wake up at any time if I wished.

Before I knew what was causing it the only way I could keep it under control was to follow a low mineral diet; certainly low sodium, but also low zinc, manganese. Even eating nuts was sure to cause me more discomfort. I did that for at least a couple years until I realized it was primarily a toxic house that was causing the problem. Indeed, in the desert I had absolutely no EHS. Now it's maybe 5% of what it was on average, which is to say negligible.

Christopher

The first symptoms to occur were irritated, itchy eyes, then facial irritation, causing my skin to go red, along with considerable exacerbation of the swelling under my eyes -quite a sight to see and decidedly uncomfortable at its worst. If I used any kind of electric treatments as I listed in my last post I'd develop a whole new range of symptoms from extreme jumpiness/hyper-vigilance to the inability to really fall asleep. The latter was very odd, as I could just get into a dream state and stay there seemingly the whole night, able to wake up at any time if I wished.

Before I knew what was causing it the only way I could keep it under control was to follow a low mineral diet; certainly low sodium, but also low zinc, manganese. Even eating nuts was sure to cause me more discomfort. I did that for at least a couple years until I realized it was primarily a toxic house that was causing the problem. Indeed, in the desert I had absolutely no EHS. Now it's maybe 5% of what it was on average, which is to say negligible.

I have the cheap one from eBay. I used it about an hour last night and have not noticed any ehs worsening. But mine is generally milder than yours I think.

Christopher

I have the cheap one from eBay. I used it about an hour last night and have not noticed any ehs worsening. But mine is generally milder than yours I think.
Actually @Dufresne today I have noticed greater EHS symptoms, so it seems this would not be good for you. I'll let you know when it quiets down bc I do find it helpful otherwise.