• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice needed, please help me interpret my genetic results. Thanks. (Methylation)

Hello guys, I desperately need your help. Today I actually find it difficult to even write this. As I feel a little bit foggy and overstimulated today. So if my article won't make much of sense, I am sorry.

I suffered from various conditions since my childhood, including alopecia totalis (all body hair loss), brittle paper thin nails with white dots on them (nail dystrophy), ADD, brain fog, IBS, depression, loss of motivation, confusion, GERD, anxiety, mood swings, panic disorder, social anxiety, I used to feel constantly tired, could not stand exercising or even walking was difficult. From time to time I used to bump into things, and could not really even walk in straight line, I believe it was ataxia, heart palpitations. I could list hundred more of my symptoms, but I think that there is no need to do that.

However, I do feel much better now, and could really say that since starting on my supplementation regime, I feel 70 percent better .I am even able to do gym now and been exercising for one year and a half. Lost 50 pounds of my weight and really feel much better.

At first, when I was trying to use methylation supplements and trying to get rid of candida I ended up with super high ammonia levels, almost complete mental degradation, ended up in the psychiatric hospital with mania, paranoia, shizo, mild psychosis etc... Even though not even one antipsychotic helped. I even had 10 electroshock therapies and even they weren't of any help. As once again I believe it was due to overmethylation, overuse of various supplements such as sAME, B12, FOLATE and ammonia toxicity. They also found drugs in my system, even tho I have never taken them.

Prior starting the supplements, I had no clue what so ever about methylation. I saw that it could be helpful, I did 23andme genetic testing which latter I put it through Nutrahacker and just bought a bunch of supplements from SeekingHealth..

Since very young age I used to go to various doctors, did various testings, and was put on medications such as Lexapro, Xanax, Strattera, Nexium (which definitely affected my B12 levels and made things worse.) and some other tablets. All doctors used to say that I was the hypochondriac and it was all in my head.. (Yeah, right..)

Atm, I feel like I went through hell and made it back. I feel socially active, I work in the office, I exercise, I don't get sick anymore as often as I used to. I don't take any other medications beside my supplements which I will list later in this post, as I said I feel pretty healthy, however, I still have some cognitive problems from time to time, and brain fog, especially under stress, which I believe that are due to my COMT++ and various other mutations. It mainly comes in winter, (I live in Ireland, not much of the sunshine over here) It also started when I stopped my B12 1000 mcg and folate 800 mcg supplementation and introduced some active multivitamin complex from Life Extension. As I thought, that it will be enough.

You must be wondering, if I am feeling good, why am I writing here? Well, I feel that I might be overtaking some supplements, or I might be missing something. Even tho, I have done lots of research about genetics and nutrigenomics, I read lots of messages from this forum, and would never ever supplement myself with SAMe .

I am still a bit confused. I would appreciate if you can help me with my genetic results and maybe could recommend something I can take or change from my current regime.

I attached the screenshot with my genetic data results.

Supplements I take atm:

Morning:
Jarrow's - Methyl B-12 & Methyl Folate + P5P (B6) (1000mcg) (400mcg) + (1.5mcg)
Country Life - P5P (25mg)
Omega 3 fish oils 3 g.
NOW - L-OptiZinc 30 mg + Copper 0.3. mg. (Got rid of my never-ending IBS, diarrhea and improved my skin)
Riboflavin 100 mg.
Vitamin C 2000 mg.
Whey 40 g. (few times a day)

Lunch:
Creatine 5 g.
MethylB12 1000mg.

Before bed:
Niacin 100 mcg.
Magnesium citrate - before bed (400mg)

What I want to introduce:

Lithium Orotate 5 mg.
Injectable Hydroxocobalamin
Jarrow Formulas, B-Right complex
Potassium (Suggestions welcome)
NAC

What do you think guys? Should I change something? Maybe remove or add in?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 12.50.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 12.50.48.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 20