• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acumen Test Results

After testing at Acumen three times in the space of 5 months, I can see progress a cross a number of markers. My whole cell ATP is now normal for example although my provision of new ATP is still poor.

However, I don't yet feel any different. My GP says that the brain only registers these improvements on a delayed basis (could be 6 months later).

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Many thanks

GlassHouse

Hi @Fritz18

Is this the ATP testing that Dr. Myhill does?

Is there a way for a patient to get blood drawn (at Quest for example) and then send it to to Acumen? I remember Dr. Myhill closing down testing for new patients in 2015.

That's great that you've made quantifiable progress even if the physical benefits haven't been felt (yet) :)

Hi @GlassHouse (not sure how to create a link...),

Yes, this is the same test. Dr. Myhill doesn't do these tests herself but also uses the Acumen lab.

Dr. John McLaren Howard set up this lab after he retired from BioLab. He must be in his 70s now. This is what Acumen say about new tests:

UPDATE FROM ACUMEN LAB

“Acumen Lab is currently oversubscribed with tests and therefore may not be able to accept new requests at this time. We can also ONLY accept requests from doctors who already use us and we are having to restrict to s maximum agreed number of tests. Acumen is s medical -referral -only lab.”

So I suggest you check if there are GPs in the U.S. who have worked with him before. If not, I guess you could try a center in the UK that uses Acumen test results. These tests are not cheap. I would be surprised if you couldn't find someone to accept your blood.

Hi @Mij,

Yes I have been taking

- Zinc (50mg) since the test showed I was low (and good anti-oxidant)
- 5HTP to improve sleep and create more serotonin
- Magnesium (I was already taking this but test showed I was low)
- GSH (I wasn't that low on Glutathione but showed signs of oxidative stress)
- Nystatin (only in the beginning to reduce yeast)
- probiotics (VSL-3 initially but then I switched to lower dose / cheaper version and combined it with Kefir milk)
- Acetyl L-Carnitine and L-carnitine
- melatonin
- 5mg of stilnox