• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

activan and aspirin treatment

AndrewB

Ive just heard that activan and aspirin used together are being considered as a treatment for ME/CFS ?
Has anyone heard this and do we know if it could work ?

Andrew

merylg

Those with Samter's Triad; asthma, aspirin/salicylate sensitivity & nasal/ethmoidal polyposis...won't be able to tolerate aspirin as a treatment.

The aspirin sensitive will also suffer gastritis/ gastric erosion/stomach ulcers.
Aspirin also increases risk of bleeding eg in stomach, brain...

BUT it works great for helping thinning blood, helping prevent clots & thus improving circulation. There is also some evidence it may help prevent colon cancer.

It cures my headaches & migraines well...but then I get asthma, nasal polyps and stomach ulcers :eek:

Not worth it!

AndrewB

hmmm doesnt look good does it. i got a text from my brother saying he saw a news item on these drugs being used to treat M.E.
i'll get more info from him and come back if theres anything worth sharing.

andrew

mellster

Marco
Aspirin taken before and/or during and/or after exertion can help reduce inflammation from exertion, can also be combined with a continuous natural anti-inflammatory regimen.