• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A brilliant new cure guys ;) Thrive programme

leela

Geez, in the US a supplement company is not legally allowed to claim it treats or cures a specific disease, even if it successfully does.
So why is a "programme" of groupthink from random "practioners" allowed to make this claim? WHY??

I have no problem with people offering practical strategies to help people cope with the mental effects of long-term disabling illness, but this person's dismissiveness of an entire patient population just because they don't capitulate to their grandiose claims like a herd of sheep is beyond the pale.

kelly8

I wonder if this person ever thought that perhaps the anxiety was caused by gut issues. I did develop anxiety that seemed to correlate to how bad my gut has been. I have severe ibs and gut disbiosis. I can't just think that away. Plus i think years of Drs dismissing all the problems with my gut certainly didn't help in me feeling any happier. Maybe if they had helped me at some point in the 8+ years of suffering i wouldn't have felt so depressed. It is total bull.