• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 MTHFR Mutations, CF and Thyroid Resistance - Any help HIGHLY appreciated!

MAF14

I just got my 23andMe results back and am slowly working my way through Heartfixer.com, Dr Lynch's site and every other thread in this forum. In the mean time I would really appreciate any input I can get on these.

But first some background...
Chronic Fatigue
Moderate depression (Prozac has made a BIG difference)
Hypothyroidism (Elevated RT3/Low Free T3)
-Now self medicate 100mcg T3 per day yet I can double my dose and it has no physical affects.
Brain fog (noticeably less intelligent than I used to be)
Eat a pretty lowcarb/high fat/high protein diet

Supplements - Daily
B-Complex (stopped)
COQ 10 2-400mg
D3 10,000iu
Chromium 200mcg
Magnesium 400mg
Zinc 30mg
Methylfolate 800mcg (just started a week ago)
TMG ~5g per day
NAC ~5g per day
Glutamine 10g per day
Curcumin w/ Bioperine 1g/5mg 2x per day

Report Generated by GeneticGenie:

Homozygus Mutations
VDR Taq
MAO-A R297R

Heterozygous Mutations:
MTHFR C677T
MTHFR 03 P39P
MTHFR A1298C

COMT V158M
COMT H62H
MTRR A66G
MTRR A664A
BHMT-02
BHMT-08

Again, any help would be highly appreciated and thank you in advance!

MAF14

@caledonia, I am sorry to ask you to comment but I can't resist. The more I am trying to read the more I keep contradicting myself. If you have a moment and could give me a brief point in the right direction it would be GREATLY appreciated!

caledonia

For methylation, your supps are way out of balance. You taking quite a lot of TMG (secondary methylation pathway), a full dose of methylfolate (for many people) and no B12. Without B12 the methylfolate may or may not do anything, or it could be combining with your body's B12 stores and eventually deplete them.

In addition the D3 seems quite high.

Try reading the first four links in my signature, starting with the Methylation Made Easy videos. Methylation is tricky - there are a lot of nuances to getting it right.

MAF14

@caledonia Thank you.

Since posting I've been taking both active B12's.

The TMG/NAC doses were typos. I meant to say "1.5g".

Since reading a bit from Freddd I have also stopped the glutamine and NAC.

Reading every where around the site and still working on those 4 links. Thanks again!