International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

2 more PACE Trial critiques published in ‘Journal of Health Psychology’ series

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Kenny Banya, May 12, 2017.

1. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    12 May 2017
    Two more commentaries on the controversial PACE Trial have been published in full by the Journal of Health Psychology (JHP) – part of a series of 13 it has published so far.

The JHP agreed to not to impose its usual paywall on this topic after it accepted a suggestion from the ME Association that the public interest in the subject warranted the pieces going open access.

The two latest critiques are as follows:

PACE-GATE: An alternative view on a study with a poor trial protocol (Bart Stouten)

PACE investigators’ response is misleading regarding patient survey results (Karen D Kirke).

The ME Association has archived all the articles in this series – including those written by defenders of the PACE Trial.

They can be found below Dr Charles Shepherd’s contribution at this link: www.meassociation.org.uk/2017/04/its-time-for-an-independent-review-of-the-pace-trial-methods-and-results-dr-charles-shepherd-journal-of-health-psychology-10-april-2017/

belize44, Kalliope, Artstu and 9 others like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.